The monastery of Docheiariou
The monastery of Docheiariou originally dedicated to saint Nikolaos Myron,
and later to the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, which is tenth in the hierarchy,
was founded, according to tradition, in the second half of the l0th century A.D. by saint Euthymios, fellow-monk and pupil of saint Athanasios.
In times of hardship, it was supported by Ioannis V Palaiologos and the king of Serbia Stefan IV.
Gifts were bestowed upon it in later periods by the princes of Moldavia and Wallachia. In 1821
the monastery was abandoned and lost almost
all its property.